Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Very Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful and beautiful day.  Hubs and I drove (back) up to North Carolina yesterday and are spending the weekend in small town America.  Really.  I had to run 10 miles over the summer for marathon training and I ran the perimeter of the town 3 times to get it.  And I still had to run a mile extra after that.  I love it though.  I've always said if we had enough money, I'd love to live on a farm and  live the simple life.

Anyways, I woke up this morning and had a few hours to kill before meal number 1 so I decided to take Jakedog for a little run.  We did the perimeter and added in the cemetery which is right outside the town limits for a total of 4.5 miles.  It felt great and I ended up in a tank and my nike capris by the end.  Here's a picture I caught while we were in the cemetery.

No filter, cause I'm an awesome iPhone photog

Then we headed to the Warren County Volunteer Fire Department for their annual Thanksgiving breakfast fundraiser. This was pretty much the coolest thing ever.  Everyone knew everyone else and the men were excited about getting out and hunting before Thanksgiving dinner.  Here are a few pictures I took while I was there.
Great turnout!



Pancakes, Grits, Bacon and Biscuits

The happy bacon makers

Each of those boxes contained 10 pounds of bacon

The ladder truck, which is an anomaly since there is no building over 2 stories in Warrenton

After breakfast, we went home and got ready for Thanksgiving lunch at a friend's house. I realized I forgot my makeup at home so I'm looking really awesome this weekend and there will be tons of pictures no pictures of me to prove it.  Since we're in the NC woods, Thanksgiving dinner was a compilation of recent kills and veggies from the garden. I loved it. 
Greens, Green Beans, Wild Turkey, Venison, Butter Beans, etc.

My plate... upside down.

Hubby's plate

We had a great little lunch and talked about tasty poor Bambi who was alive two days ago.  It was short and sweet and we headed home to watch the Dog Show and take naps.  Then we woke up and decided to eat some more. 

My MIL is also teaching me how to sew for real.  Hubs bought me a sewing machine a couple years back and I've never really used it so we're taking this long weekend to figure it all out.  Here's what I've got so far.  My BFF is adopting soon and I'm making a cute little coat for her! 
I've got to add a few things, but it's so little and cute!

Now we're watching Glee and relaxing.  Tomorrow is another full day of eating and baking.  I get up early to run, not shop!  Good luck to everyone who is shopping, and I hope you've had as wonderful a day as we have!



No comments:

Post a Comment