Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

19 days and I'm running-logged

Hi Blog Friends,

Bet you're wondering, where the heck did that shirt girl go?  All 5 of you... If that.  It's been about 3 months since my last post and boy have I been busy busy.  If you follow my personal page on Facebook, you'd know I am still in MCM training.  In fact, I'm in taper mode. Which is something I NEVER thought would happen.  I'm getting a bit worn out with running ALL. THE. TIME.  I really should have had a better cross training plan because I feel like all I have done, especially in the last month, is run.  It's like being waterlogged, but with running.

The weather just turned this week though, so I'm regaining my excitement.  I went for a 5 mile run this morning and killed it.  Stayed started off slow with the pup and ditched him,
What are you looking at?

then had negative splits til I was down to 10:09 by the last mile.  I'm ok with that. I was feeling really gross after the Jacksonville Marine Corps 1/2 Marathon this weekend, followed by 7 miles of pure torture the day afterward because I needed to get 20 miles in on the most freakishly hot October weekend ever.  I'm glad I took yesterday off because I did a little rehab with the Hubs to strengthen my legs and core and felt a serious difference.

Hmmm, what else has gone on?  Too much to fill in everything now, but I did PR in a half marathon at the end of August. In Savannah. I also signed up for the Savannah River Bridge Run in December.  It's a 10k, my fave, but it's also twice over the Talmadge Bridge... Google it. You'll see the behemoth.  I want to do the 10k or Half Marathon in February at Tybee, and then perhaps the Blue Ridge Half Marathon.  It's in Roanoke, which is close to Lynchburg. Super college town!

Right now though, I'm going to continue focusing on the Marine Corps Marathon.  It's gonna be such an incredible experience with my father and a plethora of my amazing friends cheering for us.  DC is such a magical place. I've prided myself on never being jaded by it even when I went up there frequently during college. I always have to go say hi to Mr. Lincoln and see the White House at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment