Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Expo Fail (On My Part, Not Their's)

So I said I'd have tons of pictures from the expo and well, I don't.

Our drive from Savannah to Charleston was long, hot, and boring. There were a whole bunch of yankees driving back home from Florida on 95 and it's really a wonder we got through it without someone losing their cool.  Then we got into Charleston, and the traffic got even worse.

When we were about 4 blocks from the expo and Hubs had already turned off the car... in the middle of the street... I decided to get out and walk. My phone battery still had 10% left and I figured we'd just be able to meet up right after I got my packet. I could take a few pictures, get my number, get my shirt, then be on my way.

Until my phone died... after a block and a half of walking. Then all I could really think about was going in straight through the expo, picking up my stuff then getting my booty back out to hopefully catch up with Hubs at the same time as he was driving by.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

From what I could tell, the expo was pretty typical. After packet and t-shirt pick up, they did have a huge selection of discontinued shoes, running clothes, socks, etc. that looked really cool but I had a mission.  I had to find Hubs in the midst of thousands of other people.

I started walking back and came upon the Courtyard by Marriott and decided to play on the emotions of the front desk staff.  I explained my sob story about how my phone died, my husband was somewhere in Charleston and I needed to get to Mount Pleasant. They let me use their phone and even though Verizon had basically crashed, I was able to at least leave a message and Will used the WiFi from some random restaurant and TADAAAA. We found each other. It was magical.

By this point, I was ready to get to my sister-in-laws apartment and get some food.  We settled on pizza and have been watching The Blind Side. I'm going to bed so early tonight because I'm pretty stoked about this race situation. The bridge is huge.

Here are some pictures I was able to take after plugging my phone in once the great reunion occurred!


So excited I found Hubs and my phone was working again!


Cooper River Bridge!


My attempt at being artistic while going 55 mph 


This will be my view tomorrow at 7am




Ready for tomorrow!

I'll update you tomorrow on *hopefully* how awesome I did. Or just how I survived. Whatever.



No comments:

Post a Comment